Friday, August 28, 2009

Kennedy against The Dumbness

Although I wasn't a huge fan of Ted Kennedy, I was quite moved by the two extraordinary clips that Amy Goodman has found of his comments on health care. The first reads in part:
The President’s program, as announced today as a national health partnership program, I believe is really a partnership program that will provide billions of dollars to the health insurance companies. It’s really a partnership between the administration and the insurance companies. It’s not a partnership between the patients and the doctors in this nation.

Amazingly, Kennedy was saying this about Richard Nixon, in 1971.

If we are exactly where we were nearly 40 years ago, are we too dumb to live? It's still my primal question about the current state of things.

Edward Kennedy, R.I.P.

No comments: